resetting the system

Started by leroy, May 13, 2010, 09:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leroy

can anyone help me with how to reset the system as the airbag light is remaining on

spieret

the system can only be reset by a mechanic with the correct software and the correct plug, it's a 5 min job, but you need those tools. You can be safe in knowing the system is more than likely still working. This happened to me when i accidentaly pulled a wire of the seat belt clamp.
Owning a GTV, if i have to explain... you'll never understand...

Current:
1998 916 V6 GTV

L4OMEO

Hi Leroy

I believe you can reset most fault codes & warnings yourself by using either the AlfaDiag or FiatECUScan software (the former costs around 55 Euro, the latter about the same but has a cut-down version which is free - this one should suffice). You also need an appropriate cable (around $20 from Ebay), but a modification needs to be made to the cable to enable the airbag reset. If you're handy with a soldering iron you'll be right. I'm hopeless, but fortunately employ people who aren't  ;D

I have the software & modfied cable, haven't got around to using it yet but intend to try it out this weekend. There are a lot of other functions on offer through these applications, suggest you check the respective websites for more information (you should find details on the cable modification here too).

Good luck
Rory
2002 156 GTA

Bruce Fowler

Before you call in the cavalry, I had the same issue with my 156. The air bag sensor is located under the front passenger seat with the wires under the front carpet were the passenger feet would go. According to the Alfa mechanic this wire can become disconnected, by passengers shuffling their feet which in turn causes the fault warning

If you can check this out first, you will need to lift the carpet from the side, and hopefully it's a simple fix.
Current
2018 Giulia Super Veloce Pack

Previous
2009 JTS 2.2 159
2002 156 Selespeed Sports

leroy

Hey to you guys,

Thanks for all your advice I will see if there is a mechanic around who has the correct stuff