gday all

Started by scooteroo, June 02, 2010, 10:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooteroo

Gday all.

In the past i have owned several alfas and have had the "Alfa" bug but some years have passed since i last owned one.

However I recently came across a little gem i couldnt leave alone. A 1979 alfetta 2000L sedan.

Its in completley original condition, with amazingly no rust! The same old guy owned it for the past 20 years and looks like it only traveled 1 or 2000 klicks per year.  He sadly passed on and his wife who knew i loved alfas let me buy it.
Every stone chip looks like it was undercoated and painted to prevent any rust.  He had the thing serviced like clockwork each year ( since he hardley drove it).  The interior is perfect, brand new tyres, 12 months rego. Only thing missing from original is the aircon has been removed.  Log books service records and manuals all there.

The car is damn perfect!  We think its more comfortable and more fun to drive than our brand new peugot!  To make sure it hadnt layed up for to long i had oil and coolants changed. A complete service including brake fluid and pads.

In the past i have owned a few gtvs, suds and 33s but this little sedan is in the best original condition ive ever seen for any alfa of this era.

However I am now somewhat disabled and cant give the time or energy that this car deserves. I only bought it because i didnt want some rev hed to buy and destroy it.  Would anyone be interested in buying it? And how much are they worth nowdays?

franck

could you post some photos please ?

116gtv

g'day

tuff question - what are they worth... i rarely see an alfetta sedan advertised anymore. I bought and sold a couple between $1.5-3.5k years ago. Considering 75s and 90s are nowhere with fetching prices they deserve, i'd say you need an absolute alfetta sedan lover who gets excited over a time warp example..

Where is the car btw?

GoldCLoverLeaf

I sold an '84 Alfetta GCL a few years ago for $6,000 but it was modified, had a V6 conversion, TS box and LSD, big brakes, immaculate paint and bodywork all engineered. Now that i look back at it i think i was very lucky to get that much for it only because i had a guy that really wanted it.

But the majority fall into the $1000 to $3000 bracket, there was a very nice original '79 sedan for sale in Tumut of all places asking $5,000 but it was on the market for several months.

Post some pictures up i'm sure it will tempt some people here  :)

dehne

i no this is not much to go by but there is one on ebay for $800 i dont know the condition of urs so i cannot judge it, in my experience with sell older alfas is clean them up and put out the front of ur house young drivers / menace to society (excluding all ALFA drivers) look at these cars thinking yes yes yes i used to love it when my mate used to brag about there cars and i would say yea but i own an ALFA
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's