Some little noises

Started by andresalfa, June 07, 2010, 10:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andresalfa

Hi there,

As you guys may have picked up in my previous posts I have got an Alfa 147, it has 10000k and have had it since 2000k. After a while started hearing a few little noises, like things that started to loosen up. E.g. Within the ceiling/roof around the sunroof, also underneath the car on the passenger side i guess, is like something was moving a bit more than usual. This sounds are not really that bad and also I understand that noises in cars may be quite normal as a car is made out of million pieces, the thing is that I am not really that familiar with Alfas and do not know how well built they are. I would have expected a car this new would last some time noise free.

If someone know something or had similar experiences I would appreciate some comments.

Regards,

Andres

John Hanslow

Perhaps if it is a noise or squeek under the car, it is a failing rubber bush on a suspension mount. 

These do wear out on all cars.  Replacement is not that much of an issue.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

shiny_car

As above.

Another 'part' that can work loose and knock about is the wheel arch liners (eg: if screw(s) missing/not refitted), or exhaust (eg: rubber hangers perished/broken).

But can be hard to diagnose. If it's 'obvious', and constant (as opposed to coming and going), perhaps have someone else drive the car whilst you stand on the street, to see if you can hear it, and isolate where it's from.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey