the magic of Mt. Panorama

Started by paul edwards, July 10, 2010, 12:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul edwards

Hi all
l have had the pleasure of camping on top of Mt. Panorama 2008 and 2009 thanks to my good mate Graham and his brother Wazza. Make no mistake it is one of the BEST THINGS any one can do. Forget about all the past bull shit it has been cleaned up and made safe for all thanks to a lot of work from just about every one.
   After Reading Phil Baskett's take on going and doing the hole Bathurst thing in 2008 Easter l realise l can actually do this one day. Fantastic article and photos from the Cross+Serpent winter 08 vic division, thanks Phil a great job.
   The photo on the front cover of Cross+Serpent of Phil's car dropping through the dipper at Bathurst was the first time l had seen a Alffetta GTV on that track since l was a kid, l can't describe what that photo does for me. Every thing l love about the Alfetta GTV, Bathurst it's just a brilliant Photo.
    l hope you guys like the Bathurst intro video from last year, it really is a magical place...
Cheers Paul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEQO3FRc5Ao&NR=1

shane wescott

Mate

I had a camping spot last year but couldnt make it - this year I am all set to go. We had the pleasure last year of two parade laps as part of Alfesta in Orange :-)

It is an awesome place.

CAtch ya

Shane
Current Cars:

No Alfa's :-(

Previous Cars:
1991 White 164
86 White GTV6 Zender Body Kit
90 Red 75 TS
98 Blue GTV 2.0
85 Red 33 1.5 TI
85 Red 33 1.7 Carby
83 Silver 33 1.5 GCL
70 Blue Berlina 1750
70 White Berlina 1750

70 White Berlina 1750 (my first)

Current Bikes:

2002 Yellow Ducati ST2 944

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Choderboy on July 11, 2010, 11:02:02 AM
grouse

Typical - you need a GPS to find your way around a racetrack....

alfagtv58

I just found this thread....thanks for the kind words Paul.  In regards to that photo of my car at the dipper, its my absolute favourite, I have tried to get in touch with the photographer many times to purchase it, but he ignores my emails!!
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti