105 car seat covers

Started by Colin Byrne, July 16, 2010, 12:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Byrne

Has anyone had an experience with the seat covers that alfaholics sell? The quality looks OK and should be able to get them landed for just over $700 for all 4 seats, how does this compare to getting a 105 trimmed locally?
72' 105 2000 GTV Red (tarmac rally/race car)
74' 105 2000 GTV Blue (road car)
68' 105 1600 Giulia Super White (Not sure yet)
01' Nissan Pathfinder (Tow car/Alfa support vehicle)

Barry Edmunds

Colin
$700 sounds pretty good although you would have to fit them to your seats etc.
When I had my interior done it cost me around $1200 for complete reupholstering of all seats plus the carpets.
The seats were all completely stripped, frames repaired and powder coated before the upholsterer finished them off with new foam etc and all I had to do then was to bolt the seats in.

Does the $700 include shipping etc?

Barry

Davidm1600

Colin

Further to Barry's comments, I too have wondered about these. A bloke I know over in Canada (on the BB, Daveydog) recovered the seats on his '73 or '74 GTV and they came up a treat.  On his restoration thread, Rusty Floorboards, he gives a blow by blow account of what he did.  From memory he had a few problems in the back sqaub of the seat not completely fitting and needed to add some extra padding.

From what I gathered not an overly difficult project to be able to do at home.

I on the other hand went the expensive route ($2200) and had my trimmer re-do the seats on my Giulia Super, but they were done from scratch and in leather.  Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Sportscar Nut

Also interested in any experience from anyone who has bought the remanufactured vinyls kits from UK or US (Centreline). Need to recover the back of one seat and have considered purchasing from US.

Trouble with recovering is also the replacing the foam. Would recommend leaving original foam in place and rebuilding using thin strips as is easier to maintain the seats original shape.

Paul

Gran Turismo

though I have been quoted $2000 for a full reupholstering job in leather, I had a Holden HR done in vinyl including dash cush and arm rests and it only cost $400. Might pay to shop around.

D

mario-jnr

just had my front and rear seats trimmed in that leather replica material after being quoted $1,500 to $2,000 from maintream auto upholsteres i went with a mates recomendation and got the job done front and rear new foam for $500 labour materials cost me $155 and the job is first rate i can highly recomend him.if your in the brisbane area you can buy your fabrics or vinals from SMS fabrics at newstead and they have all the corect materials.the uphoulsters name is GREG ANDERSON ph 0404016790 sorry should of said he is at the gold coast but definitly worth the drive.good luck with your project

preacherman

Can anyone recommend a good upholsterer south of Sydney please. Looking to get a quote for my 105 seats, front and rear.

Thanks

Lindon

freddie

I'm about to have some seats done by a guy in Parramatta in about 2-3 weeks so I will let you know how I go.

I recently had a quote for 2 front seats in leather for $1500 from an upholsterer in Balmain. If you penny pinch too much you probably won't be happy with the end result. Considering the upholstery is something that will be seen and used a fair bit you would want it to be pretty good and therefore everlasting.

I've seen a lot of jobs done where guys have purchased the seat cover kits and fitted them themselves, but for me it shows that the job has'nt been done by an experienced person. Hope this helps.