156 V6 Brake discs

Started by ALFA156DALE, September 29, 2010, 10:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALFA156DALE

Hi i think my brake discs and/or pads are getting low, what is the minimum thickness for the 156 front and back discs (V6 if it matters?)
Thanks and if they are getting low where do you guys suggest i should go for good quality ,low priced discs and pads? (if that exists?) Sorry if this has been brought up before, I will probably replace them anyway because i am not as happy with alfa's brakes then i was early in the year, they squeak sometimes, then sometimes the squeak constantly, then othertimes not at all.?
Thanks
Dale.
-------------------------------
Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6
Land Rover TDI 300
Holden Kingswood 202

wankski

front disc is same as 2.0... that is 22mm thick by 284mm diameter... min thickness 20.2mm

any decent western supplier of OEM rotors and pads will do. Many brands will make and supply oem parts.

If it were me I would grab the EBC or similar oem rotors from ebay, and definately the EBC "oem" pads... they are quite cheap from UK ebay or other UK suppliers...

IMHO i would not fit 'performance' pads to an otherwise street car. U can end up with more problems than they are worth. Forego the marketing hype and grab oem.

Make sure u do a decent bleed and use decent fluid when you're done.

Be aware you require the proper RHT screw in tool for the rear calipers.