Code for Radio

Started by colcol, January 24, 2011, 10:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

I dissconected my radio on the 156, now it won't work unless i put in a 4digit code!, i checked my owners manual and paperwork and there is no code to be found, can anyone give me any hints on how to find the code, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

wankski

u need to pull out your radio and grab the serial # (bp........) then throw it here:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-and-blue-and-me/140598-need-a-radio-code-ask-here.html

colcol

RE Radio code, tried suggested link, but a third party has removed the code generator, so i tried a lot of other sites, claiming that they had the codes for free, but all they did was installed rubbish on my computer, they were giving me 5 & 6 digit codes when mine only needed 4 and my codes only go to 6, they were giving me codes that were 7 & 8 & 9, clearly they had no idea!, decided i would have to pay some coin, and tried a UK site called IRC UK, gave them my model no and serial no, and they told me they were wrong, the correct no was stamped into the metal casing of the radio, i was giving them the numbers on a sticker, so i gave them the stamped in metal numbers, and they gave me a code that worked, and presto i can drive my car again, they charged me 5 pounds, that is about 8 aussie dollars, because of the time difference you may have to wait up to 12 hours, to get your code, that is why i am writing this at 1am!, for removing radio you can use some bent coat hanger wire, bent into the shape of a 'U' that fits the 2 holes in the end of a Blaupunkt or you can buy a Dashboard Radio service tools kit from a Auto parts store, i was actually lucky enough to have the correct tools for an old Radio from about 20 years ago, apart from being a massive pain in the bum for the owner, what is the point of a security coded radio, when you can spend $8 to receive a code over the internet, or for zero if you know how to use a computer properly, [unlike me!], Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

wankski

d'oh - colin! just ask me if you have issues bro!

A few kind cheaps AT THE END! of the thread look em up at your request FOR FREE.

That's how i got mine and it worked!

oh wells, u got there in the end!

joe

Alfaglo

Hi Wanski 

Yet another request for a code, BP 937 828 340 281

rEGARDS aNGELO