Anyone have International Freight Forwarder Recommendations?

Started by Darryl, April 12, 2011, 07:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darryl

I'm trying to get a transaxle from USA to Brisvegas. It will be packed properly and everything - just need  a freight forwarder who can even be bothered quoting...

Any suggestions?

Neil Choi

Ed Hellsten (WA and Vic club member) should be able to help you, he works in the area.

B_Conolly

Darryl,

I used to work in the IT dept of a global forwarder. I have asked a couple of old colleges if I can pass on their details. Will get back to you tomorrow.

Regards,
Bret

hammer

Daryl,

Adam Kemp at Sunstate Customs and Cargo in Brisbane is a longtime mate of mine. I've also used his company for a few imports and never had a hitch.

Adam's mobile number is 0413 731 241 and his company is based at Eagle Farm.

Cheers,

Brent

ItalCarGuy

Hey Darryl, why from the USA? I would have thought there would be a few around locally? Is it special? There is a new ad on Gumtree of a guy in Bardon selling Alfetta bits including the transaxle.

Darryl

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Will follow up. Car needs an LSD. Given the costs of getting a decent LSD box to start with then doing a rebuild on it, there is a good chance importing a freshly built one adds up (subject to freight cost).

Quote from: Darryl on February 26, 2011, 04:57:16 PM
you could easily spend $2000 - $3000 on a proper rebuild of the transaxle

And I haven't been inundated with replies here

Quote from: Darryl on October 14, 2009, 10:57:23 PM
I'm after a 75 twinspark transaxle - any rebuildable condition will do, but will pay according to condition.
I'd also consider a 3L transaxle and tailshaft but that is going to take some creativity at the other end...

There was a good one going - but I didn't want the rest of a slightly bent GTV6 race car with it...