A night at the flicks

Started by paul edwards, April 22, 2011, 10:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul edwards

G'day All,

We went to the movies last week for the first time in a few years, and saw the movie "Paul". A fun flick with a good laugh, thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it. The sound track was great, l couldn't get it out of my head for days, have a look at the links here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hljxH-QJq1g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRTJ0wsERx4&feature=related

Please chime in with your latest movie tips and whatever movie you have enjoyed lately or even one from years ago.

Cheers Paul

Storm_X

I go to the movies once or twice a year but the other day I watched Fast and Furious ,wasnt to bad.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

colcol

How about car shows on the box, on 73 mate on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon there is a program called CAR SHARKS, where 2 groups of people get a similar car each and have 500 pound each to do it up and make a profit, the ones that makes the most profit are the winners, no Alfa Romeo's yet, the show is sexist, staged and made for camera stereotypes, it was made in England 9 years ago and its like the car challenges on Top Gear, i think the term car shark is a English term for car salesman, i naturally never miss it, as it is stupid but entertaining, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Anthony Miller

Hey Pauly, you should check out 5th Gear also on 7mate Saturdays. It's what Top gear used to be but with Tiff Needel and Jason Plato, blokes who can really drive and not to mention Vicky Butler Henderson would be selling the show short. The series they're showing now is a little old but entertaining non the less
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

colcol

Yes 5th gear is also very good, but is 6 years old and what about Vicky Butler Henderson, what a great steerer, beautifull hand work on the steering wheel!, there is a clip on youtube of her testing the 156 GTA, and yes Monster garage is a load of rubbish, not half as funny as Car Sharks, my favourite car movies are Blues Brothers, so many great one liners and Australian films, The Cars That Ate Paris, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]