Alfa 4c

Started by Footscrazy, May 06, 2011, 10:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footscrazy

Please tell me they will make this thing it is absolutely gorgeous and I heard rrp around $50k , could this be right ?
147 twin spark 2001

Sheldon McIntosh

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

I wish it was going to be $50k.
Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

Footscrazy

What will it cost you think? New light weight  RWD alfa priced right would put them back on the map for sure. We don't need the latest techno gadgets just an awesome driving machine, if they do it right they can have the same success as the mx5 ie lightweight rwd $50k new, they can't make enough of these for the linters out there
147 twin spark 2001

Footscrazy

Linters whoops should read punters
147 twin spark 2001

shiny_car

The combination of exclusivity/low numbers, import duties/transport, technical support/training/parts, marketing, halo car in Australia, etc, I speculate it would 'easily' cost more than a Brera V6 Q4 (...did when first released), and thus not be under A$100K. I wouldn't be surprised if the asking price was around A$120K onroad.

ATECO please surprise me!

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

Footscrazy

Check this re price i just saw , depending on how reliable top gear Australia magazine is they reckon rrp is $55k in their April edition. Hope they know what they are on about.
147 twin spark 2001

shiny_car

I've seen that sort of price bandied around too. But where are they getting that from? Most likely it's a direct conversion from overseas pricing, which would be a guess anyway. As such, does it factor in transport costs, ADR/compliance costs, training/inventory, warranty, import duties, etc, etc.

If they're going to be A$55K, I'm putting a deposit down immediately!

Perhaps I'm being cynical or a pessimistic, but really...would you expect it to be priced so cheaply?

:)

Footscrazy

I'd argue 55k isn't cheap and it's doable ie the 159 rrp is that as well. It's going to run a qv engine,  again that price range. It's in the ball park, looks great and would have everyone talking about them,  as I like you would also buy one. I think it's alfas most important car for a long time as it goes back to the rwd roots of a drivers car. Ateco you listening? You'll grow your brand with this one if you play it smart. End of sermon, cheers.
147 twin spark 2001

shiny_car

Hey, I agree, it's do-able!

But...if you're in business to sell a halo car, would you price it cheaper than your other 'normal' cars?

If this car is exclusive and in very small numbers, would you not try and maximise your profit on it? Even so, I doubt they would cost ATECO as little as A$55K to 'prepare' them for sale! Come on, ADR, duties, overheads, bla bla.

The 'volume seller' cars are the ones that need to be priced right, because you have the turn-over of larger numbers. Cue: Giulietta and 159 TBi. These are priced aggressively and are good value.

4C? How many do you expect ATECO could get their hands on to sell? 1000 a year?! We'd be lucky to see 10 in the first batch (if ever).

I do hope I eat my words, but I am also realistic.  :P

Why are we the only ones with an ongoing opinion on this matter.  ;D :D ;)

Sheldon McIntosh

It seems to me that it would be aimed at the Lotus market or possibly just below the Boxster market.  Both of which would suggest at least $80, and maybe up to $100.  Considering that it will be a far faster car, with a better badge, than an MX-5, which retails for over $50k.......

I would guess at around $100k.  If it gets made.  Which I doubt.  And I don't like to say that.

wankski

totally agree w/ sheldon.... it's basically a reskinned elise w/ a much better engine.... (rover k-series?? really) that thing was like $68+ when it came out... pfft, back in like '98!

no way the 4C if it comes is that cheap...

the 4C is more similar to the elise using extensively carbon composite and aluminium.... you cannot compare it to a $50k mx5, that is a regular mass-market steel monocoque chassis car made just like any other appliance on wheels...

those $55k quotes are based on foreign market straight conversions - I've only seen the price in GBP... and we all know it doesn't work that way...

£50k Bimmer m3 anybody?? that means i can walk into a BM dealership and give em $80kAUD for one? bargain - i'll grab two!  ;)