Brake rotors for 159

Started by Graham, May 21, 2011, 06:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Hi,

I am seeking a little bit of advice form members.

I have a 159 2.2 and need to replace the front brake rotors and discs.

I am thinking of purchasing them from Just Brakes and Clutches the pads are an OEM to alfa spec. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on these brake rotors and pads.

Also the car has 50K, when sould the timing belt be changed/

Grateful for any advice.

Graham

Paul Gulliver

QuoteAlso the car has 50K, when sould the timing belt be changed

The 159 is a GM sourced  engine, chain driven . No belt to change
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Graham

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information, is there anything in terms of cams or belts you need to be careful of?

colcol

For brake pads you could try EBC as they are a sponsor of the club and they seem to be good quality and up to OEM or better and they have a good range of brake pads from standard to race, i have not used them, but i will certainly be giving them a go when its time to change pads, for rotors you could try RDA, [rotors, drums, Australia], they are also sponsors of the club and i have actually used them and they seem good, they are easily available of the 159 ebay site, and they are sold by online performance, as for your camshaft chain and belt issues, belts have to be changed on a regular basis, 3-6 years, where chains are only replaced when they get rattly and noisy or they break, they 159 series uses General Motors based engines, if i remember rightly they sourced from Adam Opel in Germany and Pontiac from America, this situation was due to our parent [Fiat], getting into a spot of bother about 10 years ago, and General Motors purchased about 15% of the Fiat group and become an engine supplier to Alfa, and Fiat selling them diesel technology and being a backdoor method of the General getting into Italy through the back door
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]