WTB: Early (steel bumper) Alfetta GT/GTV front indicator/parking lights

Started by michaeljc, June 15, 2011, 08:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaeljc

My current front indicator lenses have minor cracks and the light units themselves are not in the best shape either. Hence I am interested in a good (ie RWC quality) light assembly for each side. I am happy to unite 2 units from separate homes into one welcoming red Alfetta.
2001 Subaru WRX
1999 Subaru WRX STI
1984 Alfetta GTV

Mike

Have you tried internation ebay'ers?  I've found new sets this way, usually from Germany.  Failing that I have a spare...can't recall which side.  You had better send me a pic of the condition of yours, and I can see if mines any better. 

Cheers
Mike
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb
Audi SQ5...well something has to run

michaeljc

Thanks Mike ... I've attached photos of the current light units here for comparison with what you have. As you can see I could really do with both light units (due to previous owner's overspray) plus new lenses for each. As I said ... I'm happy to mix and match any good parts from any number of homes.

2001 Subaru WRX
1999 Subaru WRX STI
1984 Alfetta GTV

michaeljc

plus the last photo of passenger side light unit
2001 Subaru WRX
1999 Subaru WRX STI
1984 Alfetta GTV

Mike

yep, mine's better than that for sure.  As I say, you are welcome to call me and remind me on the weekend, then i can have a look, tell you what I have and send it over.

Cheers
Mike
cars / projects:
85 GTV6 red
'76 Alfetta GT blue
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb
Audi SQ5...well something has to run

michaeljc

Thanks for having a look Mike. My (wife's) email address to send a photo to is      carolynjanine@hotmail.com   . Whilst thinking of it ..... the rear lights on my GT are 80's GTV style but the rear panel looks to be in very good condition and should be able to accept original early GT/GTV light units back in. If you have a couple of these in good nic in you inventory then I'd be interested in those also. Thanks again.
2001 Subaru WRX
1999 Subaru WRX STI
1984 Alfetta GTV

Mike

Have not had a chance to download photos yet.  But can confirm that I have a passenger indicator unit complete with a crack around the outer screw which has been repaired.  The lense is not faded and presents very well...mcuh better that what you have.

Yes I have a full set of new old stock rear lenses.  I also have an altissimo rhs (have t check that) unit complete, that is lenses, rubber body seals and housing.  These are all new and unfortunately were not cheap, so whilst I would sell them to you for what I paid, the price may offend.  The lenses alone were 120 each....5 years ago.
Also you are best to pm (personal message) me rather than put personal details where all can see.

I'll send the lense photos in the next couple of days.
Cheers Mike
cars / projects:
85 GTV6 red
'76 Alfetta GT blue
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts