WTB: Alfa Sprint 1986 1.5 Thermostat

Started by Fetta GTV, June 18, 2011, 12:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fetta GTV

Hi all

Got my new radiator and been cleaning up pipes and found that my thermostat is stuffed
Will not close any more, put it in hot water and it open up a little more but will not close when it cools down.
Anyone have a good one to sell or know where I can get one.
Found some in the UK but thought I'd try here first

Thanks
David
1979 Alfetta GTV
1986 Alfa Sprint 1.5 twin carb

colcol

I priced one in Australia and had to be revived, because it comes complete with housing that you don't want, with a bit of fettling, mongrelled the old one out, measured it, worked out what i needed, got on the internet, looked at all the thermostat makers, i think Tridon had the closest one, googled it, turns out they were a clearance item at REPCO for $2, so i purchased 2, sometimes you get lucky, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Fetta GTV

Hi Colin
How did you manage to pull yours apart?
Mine by the looks of it would need the edge around the neck ground off to open it up and I couldnt see a way to seal it back up. I think the older ones had a pressed in thermostat in the top but you could unbolt the top from the bottom and dig out the old thermostat.
It would be goodto be able to use the older type so I can change just the thermostat but the older ones have different conections on the bottom.

Thanks for the reply
David
1979 Alfetta GTV
1986 Alfa Sprint 1.5 twin carb