Power transmission and belting service

Started by colcol, June 27, 2011, 11:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

Been after an odd sized belt and found a place in Bayswater, accross the road from AA industrial supplys, it is located factory 2 no 8 London drive, Bayswater, The name of the place is Power Transmission and Belting service, didn't know there were so many types of belts!, seems the belt i was using was the wrong section for the pulley and it was off, wait for it, A BRICK CUTTER, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

vin sharp

Quote from: colcol on June 27, 2011, 11:32:37 PM
Been after an odd sized belt and found a place in Bayswater, accross the road from AA industrial supplys, it is located factory 2 no 8 London drive, Bayswater, The name of the place is Power Transmission and Belting service, didn't know there were so many types of belts!, seems the belt i was using was the wrong section for the pulley and it was off, wait for it, A BRICK CUTTER, Colin.

If the belt was for the 33..........probably was the correct recommended fittment, I couldn't think of a more appropriate use....... ;D
Vin.

colcol

Cheeky!, well Vinny, if you needed a compact engine that had a low centre of gravity that put out good engine power with a great engine note, there is no choice, it has to be a good Alfa boxer engine, and seriously, after spending all Saturday morning chasing a belt it was good that i was able to find the correct one, as any belts under 800mm long are a bit unusual and hard to find, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]