Stolen 1985 Red Alfa GTV 6 Thursday 7th July Geelong Vic REG- GTV-O

Started by alfamickp, July 12, 2011, 09:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfamickp

Stolen from garage Thursday 7/7/2011 in Bell Park, Geelong Red GTV6 1985 with Momo Polished 5 spoke alloys.
Absolutely beautiful car in unmarked condition, factory sunroof and grey recaro interior 98,000 original kms
Reg is GTV-O white on red plate.
VIN ZAR116C0003003588
ENG ARO1646014633
Just posting this in case a fellow alfisti is offered this car or parts of it.
Any info would be appreciated the car is well insured with Shannons but I just want it back!
Cheers
Mick 0488 992 889
1971 1750 105 Spider restored
1985 116 series GTV6

dehne

sorry to hear that, hope you get it back, in good cond still
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

alfamickp

thanks dehne, yeah we are gutted, not much chance of it turning up by the look of it.  :(
Even had the battery disconnected and keys in a cupboard in the house as it only gets a drive occasionally.
Took it up to auto italia in April and it just flew up the hume and back didnt miss a beat absolutely loved it.

A very unusual car to use as a get away vehicle, sticks out like dogs balls after robbing a house that's for sure.
I think the pricks targeted it. Hard car to offload no doubt they will part it out or store it away somewhere.
(how many junkies know that a gtv 6 battery is in the boot?)
Must of had 30 odd alfas in the last 20 years never had one stolen til now!
1985 116 series GTV6

Evan Bottcher

Hey Mick,

If you haven't already - suggest posting on http://www.ausalfa.com.au/, also on http://www.alfabb.com/ (in the Australian section I guess).  Possibly also on http://www.alfagtv6.com/

So sorry to hear it.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

alfa duk

Really sorry to hear about that mick. It makes you wonder why someone would do this as in take the risk. My point being that anyone that has these cars  of that vintage is an enthusist and everyone knows each others cars and the bits are of value only to us.  I love my gtv6s and its really disapointing to see them wasted like this.
Doug
85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

alfamickp

Hey guys got a call at about 12.30am from the fuzz to give me the sad news that they found the GTV6 . Just got back from seeing it, just a smoldering shell in a paddock fireys had just put it out. Pretty much the saddest thing ive ever seen in fact, but crazy as it sounds still a beautiful body even completely burnt out in the dark. Cant understand the sense in the pricks torching it such a bloody waste absolute dickheads just pointless. Anyway thought Id say thanks , not the ending i was hoping for but an ending nevertheless. She was a bloody great machine. RIP
Afterall they dont make them like that anymore!
1985 116 series GTV6

aggie57

Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Joe Garra

Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

alfagtv58

I was gutted when my trailer was pinched, I cant imagine how you must be feeling Mick, a GTV6  :'(   What a terrible story, sorry to hear it...
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

branko.gt

Davidm1600

I think Branko the answer to that is because the sort of pricks who steal and then torch cars are pure arseholes.  That is why. 

What a totally senseless waste of a lovely car.  Sorry to hear of your loss Mick. Not easy to replace I would have thought, even if there are some nice ones out there for sale. I can well imagine the hurt.  I am sure Shannons will look after you though, well hope they do for from my experience they do understand what our cars mean to us.

All the best. Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Brad M

Mick,

Who did you piss off?

Taking a step back, it seems a pretty personal attack, I mean ... battery disconnected, keys in a cupboard and then burnt out before the night's over. Condolences, it is a true waste.

Brad
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

Repco Lad

To any of us that have had our cars de-bagded, keyed, tagged, jumped on or stolen, and I have had cars that fit all these categories, you will find that we have 'pissed off' these pricks, simply by owning a nice car.

20 years ago I chased one of these pillars of society down my street in the middle of the night, after he ran a screw driver across the bonnet of a mini cooper I had.

The reason he did it, as I later found out from the Police: ' he thinks he's f'ing unreal driving that car'.

Mick, as tough as it is, don't be put off the scene. Bank your dough- the right car will come along before you know it

RL

Joe Garra

This is where the law is soft on vandals, as part of their sentence I would include a fine equivalent to the damage they have caused and give them twelve months to pay it!
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

GTV-074

Thats awful Mick.... We can only hope the cops at least catch up them.....

Did they strip it first? Might be wise to describe what was on it for people to look out for...

Cheers.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?