GTV6 2.5L For Sale

Started by Luke L, September 07, 2011, 01:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke L

Unfortunately it has come time to sell my 1984 GTV6 2.5L.....this is a reluctant sale as I have finally lost the battle to fit 2 baby seats in the back & still have enough room to actually drive! 

(selling & getting a "practical" 4 door Alfa seems the only alternative ...leaving behind 1 of the babies was not popular... also don't have room for an extra car as we already have 3)

I have owned the car for 2 years during which time it has lived a pampered life being owned by an enthusiast & having always been garaged & tended to with regular maintenance & servicing.  The car is driven regularly having covered approx 5000km's since I bought it & is in very good working order.

The body work is in good condition & appears to have the original paintwork, there are no signs of any previous accident repairs, there are a few small marks in the paint & some stone chips but nothing major. (has factory sunroof)

The engine was re-built by the previous owner approx 500km's prior to sale (he was going to keep the car but had to relocate o/seas for work - photos/receipts available) the engine feels strong without any undue noises, smoke or oil consumption & it has a fantastic exhaust note!

Likewise the interior & electrics are also in good condition there are no rips or tears & everything works (the only exception is the air conditioning which was working when I bought the car & now appears to need re-gassing)

The car has been very well looked after with the following maintenance/servicing work within the last 12-18 months (receipts & photos avail.)
- engine oil & filter
- transaxle oil
- fuel filter
- air filter
- driveshaft centre bearing & mount (all bearings checked & re-packed with grease)
- rustproofing (cavity wax & underbody painting) of wheelarches/firewall/plenum/sills/bonnet/boot
- new wipers
- CD player with detachable face/remote fitted (original Alfa radio/tape player will be sold with car, will plug back into original wiring)
- kill switch fitted
- tyres were close to new when purchased, now have approx 80% tread (all wheels original including spare)

The car also comes with the original owners handbook, service book & some service tools.

I hope the car will stay within the Alfa family, so I will hold off for a couple of weeks before advertising elsewhere.

I am trying to recoup my original purchase price of $14,300 & can be contacted on 0411 137 634 (Luke) for further information.

alfa duk

Luke, although it seems difficult to part with it now, thats nothing compared to the feeling you get when you see that back seat  after a few years of tin lid activity. It will be trashed. Get a leather interior. BTW nice car, if only i had another garage.
85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

Doug Gould

This car was bought by Luke from Ross  Holder when he moved to Thailand. Ross was either its second or third owner. If memory serves it was a dealer demonstrator then a woman's company car then Ross bought it in the late eighties when he was with Gibson motorsport. He ran it in Targa Tasmania (where it may have placed) in the early nineties. A photo of it from Targa Tasmania hangs in the lobby of Ross' apartment in Thailand. I was unable to navigate so Sam Davis navigated. I now own Sam's GTV6. The number plate is the original number plate from Ross's MG-A that he owned when we were studying engineering together. The original engine became smoky and the car spent a number of years sitting in Ross' garage. We pulled it out and Tom Bilston (who prepared Tony Hawkers cars and is currently at Rally Australia servicing for Richard Anderson) rebuilt the engine and all the brakes and a bunch of other stuff which I forget. This was done before Ross decided to move to Thailand so the work was done to his standard with the intention that he would drive it again. Vin sharp did the head work. Everything was done without regard to cost. It has 28mm front bars, 185 rear springs and koni's. It also has the twinspark gear ratios. It still has the twin plate clutch, but it was rebuilt by Derry at BGT at the time of the engine work. I forget what we did for brakes. It probably has racebrakes RB74 or Pagid pads. This is a very, very good low km car and deserves a good home. Anyone interested can contact me for background and I can put them in contact with either Ross or Tom Bilston.
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

Luke L

bump bump

is anyone out there interested in this car before i advertise to the masses?

price & supply of RWC are negotiable....

(the car is in very good condition & inspection will not dissappoint!)

Luke L

Hi all,

this car is still up for sale,

further details can be seen on carsales.com.au, under Ad ID SSE-AD-339415

price has been reduced to $13,900 but is still negotiable as is the supply of a RWC.

rgds
Luke

aggie57

Wow Luke - still got the original stereo!  Now that's unusual.  Does it still work (they were notorious for some of the buttons failing when new)?
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Luke L

Hi Aggie,

"most" of the buttons work, it still plays tapes ok it just doesn't want to eject them all the time. (maybe an added inentive to use the exhasut note as your soundtrack!)

Luke L

Just confirming that this car is still for sale
(nothing wrong with the car..there just doesn't seem to be much interest out there?)

Registration has just been paid up to 28Feb2013 & the price has been dropped to $13,300
(all reasonable offers will be considered)

Please call on 0411137634 (Luke) if you have any questions about the car

Swade

Car is now sold - TO ME!!  ;D