Hello to Tasmania

Started by Joe Garra, September 14, 2011, 12:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Garra

Hi, I'll be spending next week in Tassie with the family (kids have 3 weeks holidays this term), and am taking GARRA1 over on the ferry. So any fellow Alfistas who see a black 164Q on the road - beep and wave  :)
Joe
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

Davidm1600

Hey Joe, not a problem will keep an eye out for you if/when you make it down to Hobart.  Hope you and the family have a great time down here. Give us a bell if you want to catchup for a coffee/beer and a chat, if you have spare time.  PM if you wish.  Cheers Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Mark Baigent

Ditto to Dave's comments ...

Tasmanians are a friendly lot and LOVE their classic cars - it's rumoured there are more classic cars per head in Tassi than any other state in Australia and I'm beginning to believe it ! Enjoy your time - be warned though - driving an Italian car here is dangerous - once you've done it it will be hard to leave knowing you've just driven some of the best driving roads in the nation. Come to Turismo Tasmania 2012 for more ! ....

And do look us up if you're in Launceston - plenty of Italian Car Enthusiasts here and we all love coffee and a good chat - visit Cafe Mondello in Charles St - owned by an Alfa enthusiast and he's Italian so the coffee's good ! - oh don't forget to visit the National Automobile Museum in Launi - one of the best in the nation with all cars privately owned ... Enjoy the holiday ...

PM if you wish .... Ciao Mark

Miss Alfa Sprint

I've been to Tassie a few times now, and I always love visiting there  8)

People are very friendly and there are heaps of great places to eat, and great driving roads. I'd tell my brother to look out for you but he is flying to Melbourne this weekend to visit us :)
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

Joe Garra

Just boarding Spirit of Tasmania after a great week. Sorry guys, bit too hectic with two little girls to organize a catch up, but thanks for the invites. Great Alfa roads, did 1000k.
Now: 164Q
        Giulietta QV
Before : 75
            33 16V
            Sud Ti
            99 Spider
            156 Wagon
            159 Wagon

Davidm1600

Not a problem Joe, good to hear you had a great time, hopefully the weather was mostly kind to you, and you are quite correct plenty of great Alfa driving roads down here, as the guys coming down for Turismo will find out for themselves next Easter.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina