seat belt mountings

Started by mickl, September 24, 2011, 05:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickl

I am getting ready to reinstall the front seatbelts in the Berlina but there appears to be two possibilities. The one on the sill seems likely for the retractor unit whilst the hole in the bottom of the b pillar is for the fixed anchorage. I think that is right?
mickl

adrenalinangel

Are you installing the standard seatbelt or retractable? I used a 145 retractable and fitted into same holes as old standard non
retractable belt
05 156ti
00 gtv
74 berlina 2000a
08 147

mickl

I have a retractable setup but am not 100% sure of which end goes into which hole in the body. Is the retractor unit mounted on the sill and the fixed end on the B pillar?
And....the B pillar has two holes in it down low........if one is for the seat belt anchor, what is the other one for??
Regards Mickl

mickl

I just cut a hole in the B pillar trim and discovered that both holes are different size to the bolt at the end of the front seatbelt. Now I am totally confused! ???
Help needed please from a berlina owner.
Mickl

mickl

A bit more fiddling with the B pillar trims revealed there were no nuts welded in them...just circular holes in the metal....I don`t know why they are there but may have something to do with the door hinge access??
I reckon both ends of the front seat belt must go into the one same mounting hole in the sill just behind the B pillar. The fixed end bracket must go over the top of the retractable unit and I must say that while it will fit it isn`t that neat. I am suspecting the vehicle when it came out of the factory may not have had retractable seat belts and hence both ends of the belt would have fitted together much better with the one bolt.
Hope this can be confirmed for me and also why the two holes in the bottom of the B pillar.
It would also be great if anyone can tell me if there are any other berlinas in the Newcastle area so that I might check out any details for solutions to problems I come across in putting this car back together.
Thanks
Mickl