Exquisite New Arrival.....

Started by aggie57, January 18, 2012, 05:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aggie57

This arrived while I was away over Christmas.  How delightful as Minichamps can do......
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Frank Musco

Very nice, and well detailed. I also had a new arrival from Minichamps, and here it is...

aggie57

Quote from: Frank Musco on January 18, 2012, 10:36:14 PM
Very nice, and well detailed. I also had a new arrival from Minichamps, and here it is...

Very nice!
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM

Cool Jesus

Has anyone come across a red Alfetta GT? I can only find GTV's or rally versions. Just after the stock standard if there about.
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

Neil Choi

It's not red, but I think in the past I was given a silver Alfetta GT, if I find it tonight, will post a picture.

Neil

colcol

I have a green 33 at work, and every time i see it, it never fails to put a smile on my face, and i have been caught pushing it back and forth, we are all hopeless as each other, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

pep105

Very Nice guys - both of them !

I've still got (somewhere) a red Alfetta GT my uncle in Napoli gave to me when I was in Italy in 1978.

I was 5 so it suffered a bit abuse over the years bit its pretty complete, and very well detailed, especially the engine bay and interior.

I think it's a Burago.

Cool Jesus - heres a link to it pretty sure it's the one Ive got

http://www.carmodel.net/zoomPage.php?MTU5Mzw6PjA8Oj5hZGRUb0NhcnQoJ1luVnlZV2R2UERzK1RFSlNMUzB5TkMwd0xUTXdMVEV0TVE9PScsJycsICcnLCAnJywnJywgJ2FkZC0xLTE1OTMnLCAnMCcp

Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

Neil Choi

Here is my GT.

It's not silver but olive.

A few things odd.

Has the GT triangle at the rear.

But has the following GTV features:
fuel cap
front grill
bonnet having two squirters as oppose to one on GT.
cut outs between front indicators

Neil

Cool Jesus

Thanks PeP, that's what I'm looking for. Though the price is a little hefty, especially when I may be cutting it up for a display board as part of my restoration project I'm working on. It looks like its not available at the moment also (looks like you may have a nice little rare toy there!). How could you not play around with it at 5 anyhow? Hey, you should start a mock thread on the Burago rebuild  ;)

Neil, yeah that's what I've been finding. Are the front grill slots detailed or just a decal stuck on? It's pretty close as it is. I've not come across this model in my searches to date. Perhaps I might just have to bite the bullet and fabricate some of the correct detailing on as close to a GT as I can get? I'll keep looking for a relatively cheapish model. As mentioned, I may be cutting it in half for a presentation board. So really, colour shouldn't be totally imperative I guess...I'll strip it and have it painted the same colour as the project car when it gets resprayed. I was hoping to keep the cost under 100 as I may be literally destroying it. I may have a bad nights sleep over it, but it will look good for what I have in store for it. I have a work mate that is an absolute Da Vinci at creating these displays (see example).

I'm looking at either having the car coming out of a photo background or perhaps just create a 3D paper tole which can be quite effective (see example). Its where you have a bunch of the same photo/picture and you stack them on top of each other, cutting out strategic areas of each layer to give a 3 dimensional effect. Each layer is held above by a few mm with a dab of silicon and then its clear lacquered. Grand parents are into this hobby and they have some very intricate and interesting pieces they created.

Thanks for the posts guys.

PS... does anyone have a wrecked Alfetta model they're willing to part with???
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

Neil Choi

The front slots between indicators seem to be physically indented/slitted, not decal.  So some careful filler should fix that.

Looks like during manufacturing, they grabbed what was left in the parts bin and stuck onto a GTV body.

But good on them on the rear GT gilled triangle vs the GTV, nice detail.

Should fill in fuel opening and replace with a hinged cap.

aggie57

Neil - maybe it's of the later GT, only sold in Europe?  That was a 1.6 but had many of the later GTV features including the later nose panel and fuel filler. 

Like this:

Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977.