WTB Distributor for GTV6 2.5 litre

Started by Fylnn, March 12, 2012, 04:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fylnn

I am interested in getting a spare distributor for my GTV6.  Reason being that it has a Haltech on it, and every so often under load on hot days and rough roads (it is a rally car) it cuts out.  Could be a myriad of things but one potential source is the ignition trigger in the distributor.  The connections are a little loose and dodgy besides.

So if I had a spare distributor I could get it rebuilt with like a Nissan ignition trigger or something.  The guy who installed the Haltech is understandably reluctant to touch the old one if it is the only one I have.

So anyone got anything lying around?  I am in Brisbane but can arrange shipping if need be. 

dehne

I have one make me an offer, i am in vic so say add aproxx $10 for postage
thanks dehne
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

dehne

just thinking, hopefully someone can confirm, that there is a difference between the leaded and unleaded with their distributors, I think I recall a difference with them and I think it was to do with a wire that attatched to it,

so flynn can you stick a pic up just so that I know the spare I have is right for you.

now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Fylnn

OK will do when I get car back later in the week.  It will be rebuilt anyway so wire connection won't probably matter.