Auto Italia on TV

Started by AndrewM, April 27, 2012, 09:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewM

Did anyone else see the coverage of this year's Auto Italia on Classic Restos on Channel 31?

Nice to see Fletch giving some time to Euro cars (a nice break from all the usual Chevs and Mustangs). He did seem a little out of his depth however. Thankfully the interview subjects were articulate and very enthusiastc about their cars. Plenty of Alfas were in view, and a 105 1300 coupe and 1750 spider were featured. The owner of the 1300, an older Italian gent named Frank, was very charming.

Look out for repeats of this one.
AndrewM -156 JTS 2.0 Wagon (first Alfa, still feeling a bit nervous)

colcol

Classic Restos, has to be one of the best programs on at the moment, i reckon the sponsors are going after the Mustang\Yank Tank market, so Fletch has to show these types of vehicles, buts its a revelation when he shows something that isn't American, but you gotta luv Fletch for his interest in the old cars and owners, as he states, working on your car and restoring it is therapy, and his ability to have a chat to a pretty lady, the show is on about 4 times per week and i just record them all, SO MUCH better than watching the block, or other such rubbish, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

John A Pucak

Yeh, nice to see Alfettas at Mt Panorama

Craig C

It was a great episode and i loved how gracious he was about being corrected by the owners on so many things, like the 'revvy' maseratis, the 4.9 litre 5.0 litre V8 and the scallops on the side of the spider.
2003 Spider
1984 GTV 2.0