AROCA Sandown Sprint Round 7 on 19 August

Started by Neil Choi, June 06, 2012, 08:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

An advance notice to all.

AROCA Sandown Sprint Round 7 on 19 August.  Unfortunately due to a very tight scheduling, it is only 2 weeks after our Winton Sprints.

Hopefully your car will have survive the scheduling.

I will have documents out shortly.

Neil

Neil Choi

Entry form and supp regs will be available on July 1.

Neil Choi

Hello All,

An invitation to all.

Supp Regs and Entry form attached for the Sandown Sprint.

Being a local event and popular amongst all, it will fill out fast, so send in your entry asap to avoid disappointment.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

Sandown is filling consistently, don't delay or you will miss out as it will be full by close of entry soon.

Neil Choi

Last opportunity to enter, will take entries up until Monday 7pm as I am away at Winton on the weekend so wouldn't be doing any work.

So get your entry in, a local one, easy to get to and have a run.

Regards
Neil

Neil Choi

We have a full field for Sandown, a good and wide variety of cars.

The battle of the 4 cylinders in both modified and racing classes continues.  Several thunderous V6's will also be out punting around.  Two brilliantly prepared Giulia Supers out competing against the usual 105 coupe's and the plethora of Alfetta GTV's.  Paul Chaleyer will be campaigning his beautiful Giulietta 750 Spider while Dominque Chaleyer, fresh with her new racing license, will be in the Giulia Sprint, getting ready for some Group S racing in the near future.  A lonely 90 will be out doing some testing before the big October event.  Some other interesting Alfa's include an Alfa Brera, Alfa 155 Q4 and Alfa Ricciardi.  Several newcomers who are alway welcome.

All are welcome to come down and enjoy the sights and sounds of racing Alfa's.  Free entry for spectators.

A cash BBQ and refreshment stall is available, all proceed goes to SBR and cancer council charity.

Gates open 7:30am, event underway at 9am until 5pm.

See you trackside and sideways!!!
Neil

Neil Choi

Hello all,

I hope you had a successful day at Sandown despite the interruptions.  Surely the weather held up well (compared to Saturday's) and track conditions were excellent.  The catering was excellent and thanks all for contributing to the charity cause.

Thanks to all those who ran the day, Alister Grigg, Greg Savage, Stuart Thomson, Alan Hopla, Bruno Colautti, Claude Botti, Michael Botti, Peter Game, Dominique Chaleyer, John Cumming, Max Lloyd, Mick Aarons, Matt Francis, Joe Falcone, Frank Musco and there will be others who I have forgotten, my apologies.

I will publish polished result sheet a bit later but they are on natsoft.  Congratulations to Max Lloyd for completing over 50 laps.  Many had at least 40.  I managed only 5.

Certainly there were some fascinating cars and some interesting ones too.  The parade lap session was well attended and seeing the 1955 Porsche Spyder along with Paul Chaleyer's Giulietta 750 Spyder made my day after being rendered back to being a spectator.

Our next scheduled sprint event is not for a long while, it is on 2 December at Winton.

However, there is a possibility that we could be scheduling a sprint at our newest favourite venue, Broadford Motorcycle Sports Complex, on November 11.  This is to be confirmed.

Nothing in September and nothing but our AROCA 6 hr in October.

Until next time, see you trackside.

Regards
Neil