2 x 1976 Alfetta GT's for sale (Vic)

Started by Craig Sinclair, June 21, 2012, 12:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Sinclair

I have two 1976 Alfetta GT’s that I will be selling once my “good” GT has sold. The buyer of that car will have first option on these.  So I guess this post is just advance notice and should they not want either/both of these, I’ll bump the post before listing on Ebay. I’m happy to take EOI’s.

1976 Alfetta GT (see  photo).
I have stored this car for over six years in a dry shed. It was driven in and parked. I would say it is about 95% complete. I think ideally, this car would be suitable as a donor car. It has an aftermarket sunroof. It will come WITHOUT wheels at this stage (I need to count how many I have to go around the cars!). It has Webber carbies, a good grille, bonnet, front panels, windscreen and being the 1.8, has 1048 cams. The value of these parts alone exceed what I’m asking for it, and would make a great spare parts source.  I will not be parting it out in any way, it will go as a whole. I believe that stripped, it would yield a lot more.  Needless to say, you WILL need a trailer AND some wheels (at this stage), as well as a couple of strong bodies to manoeuvre it out of my shed as I am of limited assistance due to injury.

1976 Alfetta GT (no photo)
This car was purchased (on the same day!) from a country mechanic. I’d had my eye on the car for a while as it was sitting outside in his forecourt for about a year, so it does have rust. It would be restoreable as it appears to be in original condition and is otherwise straight. It would depend on your own judgement. The mechanic I bought it off told me that it was his daughter’s car and he had just installed a new clutch when she left for overseas. After a year, she wasn’t coming back, hence the sale to me.  I have never started this car.  It is 99% complete and also has Webber carbies. The interior is cloth and apart from being dusty, appears to be in OK condition.  This car will come with a set of original alloy wheels. Again, you’d need a trailer and a friend to help!
I  can email more photos of both cars if needed.
Give me a call if you’d like further details.  Regards, Craig 0429130262
Current: 2012 Toyota 86
1976 Alfetta GT
Previous Alfa ownership:
1980 Alfetta Sedan
1977 Alfetta GTV
33 Quadrifoglio

Craig Sinclair

Current: 2012 Toyota 86
1976 Alfetta GT
Previous Alfa ownership:
1980 Alfetta Sedan