SOLD - ALFA 105 GT Junior 1600 (2000) For Sale. VIC.

Started by Ursus, June 27, 2012, 02:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ursus

Hi Folks.

So after 2 years, my romance with my GTJ must come to an end. (Twins on the way)

Purchased from board member Ads, I have spent that last 2 years keeping it nice through the guys at Maranello Motors and Paul at Rankins.

Below is a combined list of details from my time and Ads'...

-Comprehensive history folder including all maintenance and upgrade receipts from Maranello Motors under my ownership.
-2 litre engine on 40mm Webers (rebuilt early 2007), 2 litre gearbox, diff and brakes, upgraded cams (previous owner didn't have specs available).
-Koni Red shocks (new fronts, rebuilt rears).
-Lowered suspension with stiffer springs.
-Electronic ignition and thermo fan.
-Semi-comp brake pads and braided hoses.
-185/65 Bridgestone tyres. Lots of life left.
-Retrimmed Black vinyl seats (no cracks in the dashboard either). LH Seat has a few small cracks now as it is old vinyl.
-Autotecnica steering wheel with spacer to improve driving position.
-Fire extinguisher.
-Bumpers removed by Paul at Rankins (Have original bumpers. 1 Reconditioned.)
-5 x 14x6 gold period Cosmic mag wheels. (Have original 14x5.5 Steelies as well)

Chassis number AR 2206615
Alfa Romeo GT 1600 Junior RHD (115.05)
Manufactured on the 28th September 1973 and sold on the 9th October 1973 to Alfa Romeo  Australia .
Hawthorn white (Bianco Spino), with black tex interiors.

Just come back from a service at Maranello with new starter motor, new speedo cable, new left winder mech.

Totally reliable. Never had any mechanical issues and the car has started first time for 2 years.

In terms of rust this car is very good. Paul at Rankins has said that it is pretty rust free although it has very thick paint!
The car had a few small paint delamination issues when I purchased it and Paul has sorted these.

The only known rust is two tiny bubbles below the left and right door hinges.
Car has been garaged or covered the whole time.

Rego till 16th Aug 2012 - Can neg roadworthy (I'm a bit unsure of it all being a Brit!)

I'll be sad to see this go but must 'upgrade' to a family wagon. Gulp.

After $SOLD

Message me for more info/view. Car is in Elwood/Collingwood.

I'll put up recent pics at the weekend but link to Ads original thread here and one new Pic.
http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=3495.0

Cheers.

Joel
Past - 105 GT Junior 1600 (2000)
Present - 105 GT Junior 1300 Project