Motormate

Started by colcol, June 27, 2012, 09:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

Hey there is a new [to me] program on digital station 7 mate, called Motormate, it is on in the afternoon during the week, and the ones i have seen include the history of MG, the story of Enzo Ferrari, lots of Alfa Romeo footage, as he ran our Grand Prix team and according to the show, Alfa told him he was not allowed to use his name on the cars until 4 years had passed after he left Alfa, so the cars had numbers signifying the cubic capacity of the cylinders, [one was called a 166!], then there was the story of the Audi Quattro rally car, i have recorded most of them , but haven't watched them all yet, but give an extra 10 minutes of recording, as it always starts late and finishes late, worth a look, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

ProvaRacing

Yes its been on for many months, even last year I think, I too have recorded those plus each F1 driver history, Niki, Clay, Mario, Jody etc. Pity they are packed with ads more than the std channels though.

As for the car mentioned that Ferrari built inbetween Alfa and his own name being used that is the Auto Avio Costruzioni (which BTW someone has recently bought the rights to).

Here's the full article from ferrari.com http://magazine.ferrari.com/blog/2011/11/origins/?utm_campaign=111222_MAGAZINE_EN+%28december+2011%29&utm_content=4074182173&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=400891595

Or watch the short version with video staring the brilliant Fernando Alonso and the not so much so these days, Felipe Massa. You might giggle at first.

colcol

Watched Motormate last night, had the Mini, and how John Cooper got involved in the works BMC racing team, had interviews with Mini owners, and like the brilliant Alfasud was ahead of its time, absolute ball of fun to drive, more room inside than the compact dimensions would indicate, but sadly rust finished most of them, even after making Mini's for 40 years they were still prone to rusting, Suds weren't to bad at the end, and that other series Great Grand Prix drivers, its well worth a look, Enzo Ferrari is the best one, don't care about adds, put on as many as you like and i will fast forward them, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

ProvaRacing

Did you notice Enzo was speaking French in that one :)

Todays at 3pm is on the brilliant Lancia Integrale rally car (repeated overnight I believe).

colcol

OMG, the Lancia Delta Integrale rally car, over 20 years ago, almost forgot about it, in the 50's Lancia were in Formula 1, then they went endurance racing in the big Le-Mans sports cars, after that they produced the most winningist Rally car of all time, and they always concentrated on winning the manufacturers championship and not the drivers title, they achieved everything in rallying, and withdrew, now like Alfa Romeo don't seem to do anything at all, thank you Fiat, Colin.

rossco

Hey all

I woke up on the couch last night to the sound of Audio Quattros going 10/10ths and realised it was the Motor Mate Audi Quattro special... I only saw half and it was awesome but I would love a copy of it mostly so my brother & his mate can watch it, they are doing a ground up rebuild of one for the WRC in Coffs this year and they would be very impressed to watch it

Does anyone have a copy? I can't find one online anywhere

cheers Ross
once an Alfa owner, always an Alfa freak
then '72 Lotus Europa, '72 1750 105, '78 Alfetta 2L, '81 Alfa Sprint
now '94 Eunos 30X & '09 Subaru Outback 3.6L

colcol

Or you could wait about 4 weeks until they repeat it again, they recycle them regulary, getting to love the series on the old Grand Prix Drivers, and one to watch out for is 'Racing Red' a history of Italian Racing Cars, will make you happy to be driving an Italian Car, what Formula 1 Racing Car won 22 races in a row, a feat not repeated ever?, Colin.