Tacho's and Flat Batteries

Started by Bellbird, July 31, 2012, 05:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bellbird

I had a previous post which gave me lots of really valuable information but for some reason, it has disappeared!  Hope I didn't offend anyone in what I said.  Some things were jokes (re: women in SPAMs) because I know that VERY few women take part in car forums so I was just having a bit of a lend of myself.  I'm not trying to pick up blokes.  I don't need to do that.

So, my car is DEAD once again and Craig_m suggested the tacho with a full diagram and instructions etc.  Lost all of that because the post is gone.  Craig, can you please send it to me again.  I totally believe you.  Don't feel confident enough to fix it myself so am going to take it to ZOO in the Southern Highlands NSW but I would like the diagrams etc beforehand.

Also had some good advice re clay for the car.  I think Colin recommended it.  What is the brand again Colin?  Thanks

Sheldon McIntosh

Don't panic!!  I think it just got moved to the technical section of the forum.  http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=9212.0

Bellbird

Phew!  Thanks for that.  Was worried there! :)  Had such a great day on Sunday with the "Canberra Chapter" and "Southern Highlands Alfisti" (very decent people) and didn't want to lose that connection.

colcol

Bellbird, the claybar i use is Mothers brand that i purchased at Repco, but any reputable brand would do the job of getting all the rubbish out of your paintwork, still facinates me the claybar the way it works, and leaves the paint all soft, heard people rave about them, and thought what a load of rubbish, but nows its me that raves about it, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Bellbird

Ok, thanks for that Colin.  Will get some next time I'm near the car shop. 

Neil Choi

Colin,

In a simplistic terms, claybar and polish is almost same, same in principle.  Polish contains very fine particles which is a very fine grade of clay in the form of a fine powder.  This is what I understand it to be.  As a Ph.D. student I used something very similar to polish sodium chloride plates to give an absolute clear finish so I can take an infra spectrum of the organic chemicals I had synthesized.  But I digress.

Neil

colcol

You are a Scientist Neil, i am not, but my observation is that the claybar is good at cleaning the paintwork, but won't remove scratches, if you want to clean the paintwork, use the claybar, but no matter how much claybarring i did, those scratches remained, to remove the scratches, use the swirl remover, THEN your car will look fantastic, however, there is no protection for the paintwork, so you will have to wax it, the problem is, as you wax it you remove some of the shine, here is a tip, claybar and polish the car, enter it in SPECTACOLO at COMO PARK, win all the awards for best car, and then wax your car a week later, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Bellbird

Bought the ArmorAll Clay Bar.  Is this a good one Colin?

See Battery Chargers question in my other post (the one about driving around in high revs).  The two are not related!