166 alternator "URGENT"

Started by alfagtv152, October 05, 2012, 12:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv152

URGENTLY Required a new or working voltage regulator/brush assembly for 166 bosch Alternator,or a siutable alternator to fit 166 3L.
HELP would be greatly appreciated to get my car back on the road,even an alternative alternator that would fit up and do the job or a source of parts as at this stage there is nothing available in Australia!!!!!.
Cheers
Andrew
Ph 0418892816 please
SEE YOUR BACKSIDE TRACKSIDE.White 156 TI JTS,Silly Speed.

L4OMEO

Is there any chance this is the same part as used on the 156 2.5 V6? If so let me know as I have one available.

Cheers
Rory
2002 156 GTA

alfagtv152

Hi Rory,
Can I ring you and talk part numbers please or call me on 0418892816,possibly send me picture SMS?.
Cheers
Andrew

L4OMEO

Hey Andrew

The car is stored elsewhere, however I am possibly heading out to it tomorrow in which case I could call you when I'm there and can confirm the part numbers. If I don't go there tomorrow I will definitely be there Monday morning and can do same then, no reason it can't be shipped to you same day if it all comes together.

Cheers, will be in touch.
Rory
2002 156 GTA

L4OMEO

Hi again Andrew

Just had a look at a Bosch alternator catalogue and if I'm reading it correctly the the 156 and 166 shared alternators. However, they both had an early series and late series part number for this so I will still need to check which one I've got and see if it matches yours.

Cheers
Rory
2002 156 GTA

colcol

So ok, the 166 and 156 V-6 had the same alternators, early and late, [canbus and non canbus?], couldn't you find out, and or remove voltage regulator from car and go to auto electrician, and say i want one of these?, i have found that replacing brushes on voltage regulators, is not worth the stuffing around, as the voltage regulators are well priced, gone are the days when a Genuine Bosch voltage regulator would cost $300, competition has ensured that someone else will make it cheaper, a few voltage regulators do a lot of cars, you may even find one on the shelf, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

alfagtv152

Hi Col,
YES,that is EXACTLY what I did!.I thought I will just get new bearings and a new brush/voltage regulator and all will be good but that would be tooooooooooooo easy wouldn't it!!!!.The auto electrician can't find anything in Australia through the bosch network or an equivalent so if you can tell me where to get one I would be very pleased.
Cheers
Andrew