Marcus Gordon in U2L Sports Sedan Race at Winton 300

Started by Neil Choi, November 13, 2012, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Choi

Marcus Gordon campaigned his Gulf coloured Alfetta GTV in the U2L Sports Sedan Race at the Winton 300 on the weekend.

Qualified well with a very respectable 1:41 meaning a mid field start against many with more capacity and power.

Completed all 4 races successfully with much dicing and battles for real estate.  Finishing upper midfield in all races with consistent 1:41 and 1:42.

Well done Marcus. 

Evan Bottcher

Moar Alfa racing!

Well done Marcus.  Patiently awaiting videos.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Neil Choi

Not of Marcus, but this is a youtube of an E30 race my mate Brian raced in, a bit of unfortunate excitement at the start.

MarcusG

Oh wow just discovered this part of the forum. Thanks for the kind report Niel. Was a great weekend, track was pretty slippery at times as the super trucks were running too. It was so wrong to see trucks lining up in dummy grid but what a show, trucks sliding through the esses!

My last race did pretty well 4th in class and 8th overall. We ran against the super tin tops, so lots of high powered cars but not so good in corners etc. really car is capable of quicker times just me a bit rusty in my car, use to driving dads now.

I just installed new multi camera set up in car so if you are interested can put up some footage once I have sifted through it.
1983 Alfetta Migliorata - 75 TS running gear
1986 90 Super - 3litre V6
1981 GTV - Sports Sedan Race Car
1964 Guila Ti Super Replica Race car - Building it
1975 Alfetta sedan series I - Restoring it
Alfa Sud Sprint x 2
1997 155 wide body TS - looking after it for my Sis

MarcusG

Niel is your mate ok that was a pretty bad crash. We were up in pits and heard it happening, we had time to still see it in progress as he rolled about 4 times. He was out of car pretty quickly but obviously took him off to hospital
1983 Alfetta Migliorata - 75 TS running gear
1986 90 Super - 3litre V6
1981 GTV - Sports Sedan Race Car
1964 Guila Ti Super Replica Race car - Building it
1975 Alfetta sedan series I - Restoring it
Alfa Sud Sprint x 2
1997 155 wide body TS - looking after it for my Sis