Alfa GTV Sports sedans race 1 in car from Winton

Started by MarcusG, December 10, 2012, 07:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusG

For those that were wanting to see some in car from last month at Winton. A small snip it from race 1. The super trucks were running up there too, that's another story, but diesel on track so a bit slippery. Speeds down around 20mph from later races  (speedo in mph) around sweeper, braking a bit early as well but anyway hope you enjoy.
1983 Alfetta Migliorata - 75 TS running gear
1986 90 Super - 3litre V6
1981 GTV - Sports Sedan Race Car
1964 Guila Ti Super Replica Race car - Building it
1975 Alfetta sedan series I - Restoring it
Alfa Sud Sprint x 2
1997 155 wide body TS - looking after it for my Sis

MarcusG

Alfa Sud Sprint x 2

Paul Gulliver

Marcus,

Great vision ,great drive. I was thinking of pulling all the sound deadening out of my GTV Alfetta twin spark road /sprint car over christmas. After listening to to yours i might just leave it in, sounds like you get the sound of every little stone hitting around the transaxle. By the way thats the best sound i have heard coming out of an in car camera.  What camera & set up are you using ???
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

MarcusG

Oops don't know where I got the 20mph from more like 5-7 mph up in later races around sweeper
Alfa Sud Sprint x 2

MarcusG

Quote from: Paul Gulliver on December 10, 2012, 08:44:53 PM
Marcus,

Great vision ,great drive. I was thinking of pulling all the sound deadening out of my GTV Alfetta twin spark road /sprint car over christmas. After listening to to yours i might just leave it in, sounds like you get the sound of every little stone hitting around the transaxle. By the way thats the best sound i have heard coming out of an in car camera.  What camera & set up are you using ???

Hi Paul

Thanks for that, it was a great weekend. the last race i was 4th in class and 8th over all.

I guess if its still a road car then it may get a bit noisy but if its just a track car then you get use to it. I can't remember but it may effect your class that you run in, ie be counted as a modification, removal of weight/trim etc.

The camera and mic set up is the race technologies Video4. I'm really happy with it. It's a bit involved in setting up but well worth it and I still have another camera to put in if I want to!
Alfa Sud Sprint x 2

hammer

Marcus,

Thanks very much for the vid mate. I love the individual views.

I made contact with the U2 Sports Sedan association. They sent me the 2013 calendar and said I would be welcome to bring the Giulietta down for a one-off race meeting. I'll see if I can fit a trip to Winton or PI into my 2013 race schedule. It'd be fantastic to have a run with you.

Cheers,

Brent

MarcusG

Hi Brent

No worries hopefully it has inspired you to make the trip, it would be awesome to have another Alfa there. I think your car should be quicker so should be fun and should mean you will be at the pointy end. Let me know if you think you can make it and if you need any help with anything to make the trip happen. Have you got any video of you racing would love to see some?
Alfa Sud Sprint x 2

hammer

Marcus,

No vid unfortunately. I have a couple of big bulky old cameras and haven't wanted to stuff around mounting them. I should invest in a GoPro or similar.

I'll take a close look at our calendar and the Vic calendar now that I have all the dates and see if I can make it happen.

I don't think I'd be any quicker than you Marcus. The car might be but I'm a cautious learner at unfamiliar circuits. It would be a heap of fun though.

Cheers,

Brent

MD

Hi Marcus,

Great video set up. If you haven't done it already, spray the "dashboard" with a matt black paint to kill the reflections off the windscreen.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0